Monday, January 14, 2008

my special world

I've been blogging since a year or so. I've shared my feelings, moments of despair, happiness, dreams, and goals. And it did work out well for me. Now, I have decided to divide my life and expose my special world. My world where everything is possible. Where every individual must be part of it and thank Allah for all the ni3am He gave us. Where all the sadness surrounding you fades away with a smile coming from one of them.

This special world is simply a world viewed from the eyes of a teacher. And I, the teacher, see the world through the eyes of my 4 most adorable students. G, H, R, and A. G who has been diagnosed with CHARGE syndrome. H, R, & A have been diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy with varrying degrees. But in any case, I am against labeling.

The reason why I created this blog is first to help, in a way, to raise awareness about children with special needs, and maybe change some people's wrong ideas that stand against them. Another reason is to refer back to my blog in order to aid in the assessment process in relation to their abilities, how they've grown throughout the semester, and maybe record the changes that occur or will occur in the upcoming days. And thirdly, to give an insight of what its like to be in a special needs center in DUBAI, and explore a world of possibilities and magic! This is how I see it. A place where the blind, deaf, physically challenged, and intellectualy challenged come together to form one community that respects differences in others.

Welcome to my very special world!

5 comments:

S2 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
S2 said...

wow, what a post!

First of all, i'm sure all your students are lucky, VERY lucky, to have you as a teacher. The qualities you show everyday, your perseverance, your hope, your approach, your courage, and every other trait in you is sure to lead those students to a better life under your hands.

I support your idea of leaving a track, a record of what happens in your class so you can assess them. Documentation, especially in this case, is the best way to assess progress. No matter how things go, i'll always know that those students are lucky to have such a teacher, a teacher with the desire to change them, a teacher that views everything in them as positive, and realizes that their limitations will only make them stronger and more hard-working in time.


Good luck. You deserve all the best. I support you all the way; never ever hesitate to ask me for anything. I'll always support these young ones, i've grown to know them, and i'll be glad to read about their progress here.



S2

***TinKer BeLL*** said...

S2..Thank you =)

Bookworm said...

Aloha Tinks!

Wow, this is such a great idea! An online record of how your class is going, of how everyday things make a difference in the long run. Its wonderful to mark your class, and your students' progress this way. And I can't wait to read everything you have to say! I'm pretty sure its going to be muy muy interesting. And I know I'll learn a lot.

Bestest w/ everything hun - I'll be visiting this special blog redgularly ;)

***TinKer BeLL*** said...

Bookworm: Thank you sweets! Please make sure you give me your opinion about issues I might struggle with. Its always good to share experiences amongst us--teachers ;)