Thursday, May 15, 2008

Last Day!

Today is marked as the Last Day for my students on their very first year of school! It has ended with a Parents Meeting that went, kinda well, and lots of hugs & tears.

I don't have much to say. Its just that it would be so hard to come again to school and find the class empty and quiet. But I think I need some time off to reflect on my YEAR ONE of teaching. I've done so many mistakes, yet, I came to discover certain points of strength that I need to build on for my YEAR 2 inshallah.

My plans for the upcoming 6 weeks:
  • Write down final reports for my students
  • Prepare drafts of the IEP for next year
  • Clean the classroom
  • Decorate the classroom for next year
  • Re-arrange the physical environment
  • Prepare the units and lesson plans
  • Research my students' cases even more
  • Read, read, read!
  • Publish a post that sums up my first year of teaching :)

I guess this should keep me busy!

2 comments:

S2 said...

Your mere presence with these young ones and the way you taught them has allowed for achievements to come.

It is natural for mistakes to occur at the beginning, as is the case with ANY job or project. Though, the way you stand up and fix these mistakes shows your real talent.

Good luck, and will be looking forward to your upcoming post :) !

Bookworm said...

A whole year of teaching: I'm sure you learnt a lot in this year and influenced so many people. They say the first 3 years are the learning years and I hope next year is easier for you.

Seems like you've got a lot to do before the school year ends! Good luck with your plans and I sincerely hope you have a great second year (and more years to come!)