Friday, October 17, 2008

Another challenge

A lot of drama & action has been going on lately which made me reach to the point when I had to shout out loud: I'VE HAD ENOUGH!

So the new teacher I mentioned earlier left our section & took one of my students (el7imdilla) since she's gonna be teaching a regular KG classroom. BUT another teacher was moved from another section into ours, which was VERY VERY UNFORTUNATE.

I divided the class again, and I am teaching now H, G, & M, whereas the other teacher is supposedly teaching H & A. She never stops complaining, crying, shouting all the time about how much she hates the director, and in an indirect way, the whole section. She teaches for half an hour in the morning, and another half an hour at the end of the day. She always threatens to leave and resign.

Its horrible.

I feel so bad to leave my very own beloved students with her. A never stops spitting in her classroom as she can't seem to handle him, or even WANT to have him in her class. It has become a personal battle between her and the director and I don't really know if I should be part of it and beg the director to kick her out of the section.

I'm very confused. Should I fight to have my students back in my class which would be a class of 5? Or should I stay away of it and leave it up to the director, since she always says "students come first" ?

Its so hard for me to stay away especially since A is really frustrated and looks like he's going back to what he was before. And I also think it would be hard for the director to look like a loser in that battle and break her very own rules.

I don't really know what to do.

5 comments:

Bookworm said...

Um..is this a special needs teacher you're talking about?

I can understand the amount of effort and frustration special needs teachers face. Espicially here, where facilities are limited and minds are even more limited and closed. And I do realize they go thru so much and I personally admire everyone who chose to go into this field.

But and this is a very big but, no matter what your job is, ppl shouldnt let their frustrations interfere with what they're doing. Ok, so a person hates the director/section, that person still has to do her job as best as she can and deal with the director and section outside the class time..

I hope this teacher realizes how much she could do, and how much damage is being done at the moment. Maybe she was wronged, but that isnt an excuse to pay it forward negatively. Hope this matter clears up and the director takes the right step!!
In the meantime, Allah ey3eenich with everything!

***TinKer BeLL*** said...

Yes and I AGREE! especially when dealing with students with special needs, one should definitely draw a huge thick like between personal/job, although we go through moments of real frustration and its hard to teach especially when you feel like you're so fed up and suddenly a student comes to spit right on your face. And again (with all teachers) you can't go like "stop screaming because I'm not really in the mood for you right now" OR "excuse me but spitting is not a polite thing to do with people" you know what I mean.

The issue now is not about screaming or spitting, its about watching your students move backward and at the same time watching all your ONE YEAR hard work fade away in ONE WEEK.

I'm still hoping that inshalla she would get her mind straight and start realizing the beauty in teaching those children.

S2 said...

These things happen in every workplace.. adapting to a certain relaxed environment then going to an environment with work creates a mental dilemma within the person that's moving/changing jobs..

I would totally understand the actions of the teacher at the beginning but would not forgive the amount of work or effort she's been putting into her classroom.

Although at the beginning it does seem hard, and as i said, the brain plays a big role in getting used to the new place, but then again she's in education and these things should not influence her teaching. I see teaching as a gift that not anyone can give :)



i'm glad your gift is something that your students can be proud to have..


all the best :)

s2

The Extravagate said...

I just think that people with short temper shouldn’t bother be teachers or nurses coz it takes a lot of patience dealing with children and their fellow teachers. With all that negativity and the complaining how is she going to go through this after a month or two.
Hmm I think u should take the class of 5 students they don’t deserve to be with some1 like that .. if I were u I would blackmail her :P jk ..I seriously think she should quit

***TinKer BeLL*** said...

S2: believe me, not every person in our field is a true educator. As a colleague always say, dealing with children with special needs can let people go into heaven or 'jahannam'.

Notorious: Although my students have moved so much backwards in her class, but I really never blamed her. Its so hard to be dragged and forced to work with a certain group of students, especially working at our section who are mostly with severe disabilities.

Thanks for passing by :)